As a new teacher, your advisors in your credentialing program probably gave you some interviewing advice and practice questions. While these are helpful, it’s definitely even more valuable to hear from someone on a hiring committee and know exactly what types of answers they’re looking for. Asia Cunningham not only shares with us some of the more common interview questions but also gives advice on what types of answers you should prepare.
- Tell me about you and your teaching experience with your cooperating teacher.
- Tell me about how you empower students to become involved in their learning process in the classroom.
- As a teacher, how do you build relationships equitably with all the students in your environment so that they’re able to demonstrate mastery and reach their maximum potential?
- What is a typical day in your literacy classroom look like?
- Tell me what you do in terms of your students that are unmotivated. What does that look like?
- How do you ensure parental involvement in their learning process in your classroom?
- What ways are you a collaborative working colleague?
Where you can find Asia Cunningham:
- Brier Creek Elementary School: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/21494
- Brier Creek’s Twitter: Brier Creek Elementary
- Asia Cunningham’s Twitter: @APMsC_GES
Got questions, feedback, or want to be on the show?
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with me
- Subscribe to Apple Podcasts or Google Podcast
- Join my Facebook Group and let’s chat about this episode
- Message me through Instagram or Twitter