Hiring new teachers based on a resume and a gut feeling during an interview can sometimes result in someone who is a wrong fit for the school. Scott Schwartz describes the meticulous process his district uses to hire a great teacher every time, as well as the implications for teachers interested in working there.
Love this show?
- Tell me about a difficult circumstance that you handled, what action did you take, and what were the results?
- What is the difference between a good teacher and a great teacher?
- A student in your class consistently causes disruptions. Explain the steps you take to help the child and maintain your positive classroom environment.
- Do you believe that placing a zero in the grade book teaches responsibility?
- Describe your understanding of what a standards-based learning environment looks like.
Where you can find Scott Schwartz:
- Deerfield Public School District: https://www.dps109.org/Domain/4
- Deerfield Public School District’s Twitter: @DPS109
- Scott Schwartz’s Twitter: @scaschwa
Got questions, feedback, or want to be on the show?
You can email me at email@example.com