Teaching literacy is a responsibility for all teachers of all subjects, but what if you don’t know how to teach reading? Brooklyn Khan dives into a simple but powerful strategy that every new teacher should have readily available.
- What is close reading?
- Why is it beneficial, especially for new teachers?
- Common Core Aligned
- Inherent Differentiation
- Encourage Critical Thinking
- Support Cross-Curricular Instruction
- Close reading freebies for my listeners: https://litinfocus.com/4-major-benefits-close-reading/
- Student Bookmarks
- Teacher’s Planning Matrix (Snapshot Guide)
- Close Reading Graphic Organizer
- Brooklyn’s TpT store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Literacy-In-Focus
Got questions, feedback, or want to be on the show?
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org